Monday, February 2, 2009

Forwarding Forwards!!

4.5 Gigs in 3 and half years, that is the size of my official mail box which i backed up recently. From what i can remember right about 30% of this mail is just forwards about some person trying to either tell me that I will win lottery if i forwarded it to 10 other victims like me or some other story of that sort. About 5% of this size is contributed by the disclaimer which is attached to each email warning about misuse of the email and about how we should destroy it if one is not the intended recipient.

What this shows is that about 60% of the traffic that is generated in corporate networks is really what is needed and the rest is something that is caused due to forwards, spam and other insignificant communication. However, I guess reading forwards and forwarding them again is what makes emailing fun!!

So as long as our companies are happy to provide us with bandwidth, I am sure we software Engineers will definitely get their share of fun by forwarding forwards!!.

No comments: